Hello dear readers! I have been awol for a long time now. In case you are wondering, it has mainly been due to health issues - mine and my family's. I had bronchitis for several months last year and was just beginning to recover when my son became ill. It turned out that he had to have his CV shunt renewed so he went into hospital for his 27th surgery on his brain. We have been fortunate for the last 16 years that he has had a respite but for the first 10 years of his life he had lots of hospitalizations. He has cerebral palsy and hydrocephalus and has two shunts from his brain to his stomach. One of those shunts kept blocking and had to be renewed each time. This last surgery had some complications and he had four weeks in hospital then another four weeks in rehabilitation. Christmas was then on our doorstep and no minis of course during all that time. After Christmas my darling husband Peter had increasing trouble and pain from his hip so finally he went to see about it and the result was a total hip replacement. He is in rehabilitation now after the surgery. So between looking after our son and visiting my DH, along with all the daily chores, life is very busy at the moment. I certainly appreciate all that Peter normally does! I have also been making twelve quilts for an Aboriginal school in Outback New South Wales, and they have to be completed by the end of this month. Nine completely done, 3 tops done ready to quilt. I will post photos of them when they are completed. So please excuse me for not blogging lately - I hope to get back to minis when Peter is home and these quilts are done, and then I will post about what I am doing :) I also hope that this year will see a larger studio being built for me in the back yard, by my brother. More to come on that too.
In the meantime I want to thank you for hanging in there, I see that there are still some faithful followers checking out the blog and I'm sorry to disappoint you by not posting lately. And I want to wish you and yours a very happy and blessed Easter.
I hope to 'talk' to you all soon!
Blessings,
Sandra
Writing tool #1
-
Roy Peter Clark, senior scholar at Poynter Institute HERE or HERE writes a
seriies of fifty tips aimed at improving your writing skills. I'm going
post som...
14 years ago

Happy Easter! Wishing you all a speedy recovery! When RL strikes, minis have to wait. I look forward to more minis when you have time!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot :) It is frustrating when RL strikes isn't it? I am hoping to get back to minis really soon - Peter is coming home next Friday and I won't have that demand on my time.
DeleteCelebro que vuestra salud vaya recuperándose. La de toda tu familia.
ReplyDeleteBienvenida al mundo blogger de nuevo y a seguir enseñándonos cositas.
Un abrazo
Thanks so much Marian. Hopefully things will get back to normal very soon and it will be mini-time again :). It's so nice to hear from you!
Delete