Welcome Nuria
Hello Nuria, and welcome to my mini world - I have visited your blog and am fascinated by your house. You are fortunate to have a husband who is interested in miniatures as well. I tried to sign on as a follower there - unsuccessfully - but will do so as soon as I can overcome the language barrier. I am grateful that I can translate the posts themselves but the page to become a follower doesn't translate. Never mind, I will work it out vbg.
So why am I so fortunate?
Well, because my husband has been spoiling me lately! He bought several new containers for the cottages so we could display them at the Fair. I had the larger one in which we put the group of Petite Properties, but Peter had the one for the Town Square, the one for the English Cottage and one for the Sea Shanty (which I didn't exhibit, but used for two other houses) - all made in time for the Fair. Isn't he a lovely man?
Not only that though, he knows that the small screen on the computer I've had for the last year and a half or even less has been annoying me very much. It is only a 13" one, and I thought I would get used to it but it is so restricted when I am on the net, and can't see enough of pages, and on so many other occasions too. It is a great laptop, with good RAM, 500GB HD (which we thought would be quite adequate since I have several external hard drives) a 64bit operating system, great graphics card and an LED screen plus other features that are top notch. But the limited number of USB ports was annoying, the size of the screen was much more annoying and the HD has slowed down because there is so much on it - and yes, I have removed lots from it, regularly defrag it and do the housekeeping things.
So today we went shopping for a small storage unit to put my little containers for quarter scale bits and pieces in, for more convenient access on the shelves. But Peter went to Penrith instead of the local shops where I thought we were going, and we went to a large store where they sell (among all the other usual things) - computers! I came away the excited new owner of a laptop with a 16 1/2" screen, an external HD (USB3.0, which is 10x faster than the USBs that I have now) plus various programs. We decided to Flexi-Rent this laptop, and as part of the deal I get a tablet (not an iPad unfortunately, it's a Samsung) and a mobile internet at very low cost which means that Peter will now have a mobile internet too. And to top it off, a whizz-bang surge protector board that I've wanted for ages but haven't bought before because they are expensive. All in all a lovely surprise - and wonderfull spoiling!
To top off a lovely day, the courier came just before we went shopping, with my parcel from Debbie Young with the new kit 'The Avalon' plus some furniture kits.
Since my order of bits and (quite a lot of) pieces from Grace Shaw arrived yesterday, my lovely son Nathan gave me the Petite Properties Orchard House and Halfpenny House kits for Mothers' Day on Sunday, and I also bought Windy Hill Croft and another Side Scullery (and they arrived on Thursday - just in time), I have plenty of lovely things to play with. But I have started on Barnacle Cottage first, and am trying to organise my work area yet again.
But what a lovely day! Now all I have to do over the next few days is to back up my laptop, get my new one set up (I'm typing this on it, so I have begun to do so), and learn to adjust back from a small keyboard to a larger one again vbg.

wow, that is a beautiful house and you are so very lucky to have such a nice husband.
ReplyDeleteIt is a lovely house, isn't it, Marisa? I have quite a collection of kits to go on with now. As for Peter, he is a wonderful husband and I am very grateful that I am fortunate enough that he puts up with me. It's a good job that he is as laid back as he is or we'd never have lasted vbg! And yes, he is very generous too.
ReplyDelete