Welcome to my mini world
Susi, Jollie, Diane, Eliana and Marta - I am really happy that you have signed on as Followers. Thank you, and welcome to my world of miniatures. I truly appreciate your visit and your interest and hope you will continue to call in often and share my adventures in this world that exercises whatever interests we want to include in it, and that we can shape to our heart's desire.I often wonder whether being a schoolteacher in my previous life has anything to do with wanting a world that I can make as I wish, that doesn't have behaviour problems, that has no beurocracy, no limits to speak of (except for the minor matter of money of course lol) and in which my creativity can be challenged and, I hope, grow. There are lots of teachers in the world of miniatures - lots of other occupations too I know. Is it something about our previous occupation that makes it more attractive, or is it our creative urge? Or are creative people drawn to certain occupations and therefore more likely to become miniaturists?
What do you think? Please share your comments......

Great question! I teach middle school English, and am very creative, both at work and at school. I believe teaching attracts creative personalities.
ReplyDeleteYes I think you are correct Trish. And so does the world of minis. But I still feel that teachers probably find that having a world that is easier to control is extremely attractive lol!
ReplyDeleteAn interesting question. I'm not an ex-teacher but think I've always been a creative person - always done lots of embroidery and used to enjoy doing crafts with the kids when they were young. I do love that control aspect of miniatures though - where I can indulge all my interior design fantasies for far less money than it would cost in real life. Judith x
ReplyDeleteHehe Sandra, I do not know about teachers(I am not one myself), but we might all relate to a little world that is easier to control than the big bad world outside!! :-)
ReplyDeleteJudith & Elly I think that's it in a nutshell. We love being able to have a world we can control - though when those tiny pieces go flying off into the never-never I am not so sure of the 'control' aspect lol! And it attracts creative people because it allows us to express so many types of artistic interests. Thank you for your input :)
ReplyDeleteHugs, Sandra