I do hope you'll visit my Fairfield blog. It's http://SnippetsOfMyHalfscaleFairfieldJourney.blogspot.com.au
If you'd like to read about our first seven-month trip around Australia, take a peek at our travel blog http://SandrafromSydney.blogspot.com If you'd like to see my scrapbooking and card making experiments, then I'd love you to visit http://ScrappySnippets.blogspot.com To follow us on our shorter holidays, go to http://snippetsonthemove.blogspot.com.au Hope to see you there!

Thank you for visiting

Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year to you and your families

Where did 2011 go?



Every year it happens, doesn't it?  It is Christmas, then New Year, we turn around and marvel at the fact that it is mid-year already.  Two blinks and we are preparing for Christmas again and then it is another year knocking on our door!
I wish each of you a happy 2012, with good health, people who love you, good friends, lots of laughter and lots of minis.  Several things over the last 3 years have really made me more aware of my mortality and the fragility of our life.  We can't take it for granted, but need to make the most of every single day.   

there is a saying that keeps coming to my mind, I'm sure you've heard it often.  I googled it and found not only it, but the thought I've included below it here:

"Yesterday is history,
tomorrow is a mystery,
and today is a gift;
that’s why they call it the present."
- anonymous
Cherish today, because the difference you make today will shape your future. Everything we do has so many effects and as long as you remember that the present is the most important time, you'll be fine. Enjoy life, you only get to live it once. Carpe diem - seize the day!



It might sound a bit of a cliche but it is so true.  And it is such a good resolution to make for a new year.  This is my resolution, along with a closer walk with my Lord and Saviour.
 
 
In case you are wondering about the photos, they are of the New Year's Eve celebrations on Sydney Harbour - centred around the Harbour Bridge (no, they are not mine - I googled them too).  Each New Year we have a wonderful fireworks display on Sydney Harbour.  People are already grabbing their spot along the foreshores ready for tomorrow night (it is Friday here).  Peter and I watch it on television if we stay up at all lol!  Quite often Peter is called by the hospital to work anyway, but not this year.  Watching the television is not the same as being there but at least we get to hear the music that the fireworks are synchronized to, and we see the whole display from lots of different angles.  And of course we don't have to cope with the long wait, or with the traffic jam on the way home LOL.
 
So - again, Happy New Year, and cherish each day in 2012.
 
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Best wishes and a Happy Blessed New Year! You'll have 2012 much sooner than here in Europe- i always love to follow that! I fully agree on your thoughts! Mini Hugs and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May 2012 be a wonderful year for you and your family, full of God's blessings, health and joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you and yours!!
    Kiss Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely thought. Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2012.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feliz Año Nuevo, espero que se cumplan todos tus sueños!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schicke ganz liebe Neujahrsgrüße über den großen Teich...

    PuNo / Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felice anno nuovo anche a te!!!
    Mely

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Popular Posts