I do hope you'll visit my Fairfield blog. It's http://SnippetsOfMyHalfscaleFairfieldJourney.blogspot.com.au
If you'd like to read about our first seven-month trip around Australia, take a peek at our travel blog http://SandrafromSydney.blogspot.com If you'd like to see my scrapbooking and card making experiments, then I'd love you to visit http://ScrappySnippets.blogspot.com To follow us on our shorter holidays, go to http://snippetsonthemove.blogspot.com.au Hope to see you there!

Thank you for visiting

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday, 2nd April 2010

I'm back - and Easter Greetings!

We're back from our quick trip interstate.  It was wonderful to see Kylie and the boys, and it would have been even better to have stayed longer but we needed to be back before the Easter rush or we'd have sat in traffic for hours on the return trip.  And we have too much to do here in Sydney at our house to be able to stay for the whole Easter weekend.  Nathan turns 21 on the 30th of this month and he has his heart set on having a party at our place.  That means we have a LOT of work to do from now till then - and that doesn't count the party itself or the preparation for it!


I have always loved the Easter break.  My birthday was always a bit of a mixed pleasure, being very near the start of school.  In Australia our school year starts in the hottest time of year (!!!!), at the end of January just after the  Australia Day holiday or around my birthday.  I started my first year of school on my fifth birthday.  I started my first day of high school the day I turned twelve.  We do kindergarten then six grades of primary school, then move on to high school.  I started teaching on my birthday.  And many times during my teaching career the children started school on my birthday. 

But Easter was on it's way and it brought a nice break with it!  Not to mention the Royal Agricultural Show and all that entails - animals, wonderful displays produce, woodchopping, arts and crafts,  amazing handwork and exquisitely decorated cakes.  Showbags and rides as well.  And chocolate - LOTS of chocolate and goodies.  But the break was wonderful.  For many years we had three school terms a year, so they felt like they lasted forever.  Then in 1988 NSW changed to four school terms.  Sometimes they still felt as though they went on forever and sometimes they flew, but for me as a teacher they usually went faster than they did for me as a student.

And as a nice little pressie for me this time, the postie brought me a parcel yesterday with the flooring papers in it.  But they are really small - too small to cover a floor.  So I'll have to wait and see what the next lot that I've ordered turn out to be like.  Failing a difference in size (and I can't see that they would be different) I will think of a plan B.  In between more packing and sorting and packing and sorting .......


But the spiritual meaning of Easter is also important to me.  Not just at Easter but all year round.  So whatever your faith - or whatever your belief - I wish you happiness at this time.  Peace, love and may your break be filled with what you cherish the most.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you happiness too, Sandra and a peaceful and pleasant Easter break.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Popular Posts