Finally got my hands on one of them vbg!
One of the girls' Christmas stockings, that is. It is Kirsten's, and I did it for her in 1995. I remember the year because I finished it just before Nathan ended up in hospital on the 4th day of the school holidays with peritonitis from an infected vp shunt. We spent 6 weeks in the Children's Hospital, he had several operations on his brain and on Christmas Day he threw an allergicic reaction to Vancomyacin, the antibiotic of choice for brain surgery. It was an interesting time.
While we were in there, I did a picture using the same design as the stocking. It still isn't framed lol. That's typical for me, I might say. The book with the chart in had both variations in it, so it was good value - and I certainly appreciated having all the threads and the chart handy when I had to make that quick trip to the hospital. The stocking design is called - The Twelve Days of Christmas, as if it isn't obvious! It is the design that Kirsten chose herself for her stocking. It is quite a contrast to that chosen by Kylie - and if Kylie ever does get around to emailing a photo of hers I can post that one too! But this design is typical Kirsten, and I love it. I haven't been able to decide what design to do for her husband, but in the end I came to the conclusion that I will probably do the same as hers is.
The first photo shows the stocking then just in case you might think it is mini - the second shows my darling husband Peter holding a 12" ruler beside it. So yes, it is full size. Hopefully I will be able to share some more of my full-size cross stitch with you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!