When my son was young he watched a television show called ‘Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men’. I don’t know whether this is Bill or whether he is Ben, but I’ve made a flower pot man. Strictly by trial and error and with a lot of pulling of the hair and gritting of the teeth, let me say. Then when I visited BJs Miniatures site, I saw that there was one on there for sale – I could have saved all that work lol. But I do enjoy making things for myself, so perhaps not. I really liked the way the one on there had ivy growing around him and on the area around his feet, and I added some ivy to my creation too. He is an ornament to go in my Sunflower GardenCentre. Here he is:
He doesn't show to his best in the photo but there are still some things that I can see could be improved. His head is obscured a bit too much by the ivy, and the stems on the flowers are probably too long. I've been able to move the ivy down a bit so it looks better. Unfortunately he used up most of the tiny pots that have come with the flower kits I've bought. I carefully hoard those that remain whole, to use in my mini Greenhouse. But all in all I am quite chuffed with it! | Not exactly huge, is he? |
So now I've shown you several of the items that go in the garden centre. It's nearly there - I was doing little seed packets yesterday and became totally frustrated with those. But I am determined to do them, and very soon, because the Town Square Christmas Shop is due to arrive quite soon from Debbie Young. I hope!
When I got fed up with the seed packets I started on some poinsettia flowers in pots for my Yule Tide Christmas Shop as well as the Town Square Christmas Shop. It took me almost two days to paint and assemble three kits of these, and they are now ready for their new homes.
The stalk-like thing at the rear of the one on the right is a wire stem for one of the partly-made poppies. Well, I had the red paint out........
I have used cheap plastic pots from Grandt Line, having used the clay pots for my flowerpot man. They are well sanded then painted with Antique Gold craft paint. I considered coating them with gold glitter too but decided against it. Maybe a tiny gold ribbon later on. I’m really happy with them. Are you inspired, Elly? And yes, I know I still need to complete the geraniums too.
Flower Pot Guy is wonderful. The smallest I've seen. AMAZING! Kudos to you
ReplyDeleteKarolyn
Thank you for taking the time to look, Kal, and for your compliments too. He certainly was a challenge to make but I'm very fond of him now.
ReplyDeleteSandie
holy moly!!!! ( faints)
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Elly(Amsterdam)
Hear that? She is talking to me again.....
ReplyDeletebwahaaahaaa!!!
Does that mean you like them Elly vbg? And yes, I'm nagging - er, talking to you again!!! Got to get that garden in FlowerPot Cottage FULL of teeny tiny little flowers heheheheh!!!
ReplyDeleteSandie
Hi Sandra
ReplyDeleteI have really enjoyed looking through your blog. Your town square is way further on than mine - you have put me to shame! I am only two shops in so far. I love the colour scheme on Kates. All your plants are wonderful too, aboslutely perfect and I agree about the being able to garden whatever the weather - also no backache :-) or weeding!
hugs
Claire x
Hi Claire, thanks for your compliments! You have been one busy lady too. I am enjoying the flowers even though I grumble, and I love the fact that I can do it inside out of the heat. I am really enjoying the Town Square as it grows too. The Pet Shop is being tricky though - I want to fit too much into it vbg!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Sandie