I am presently on a week's holiday at the beach, just two hours south of Sydney at a place called Kiama. We are in our caravan and a couple who are very dear friends of nearly 40 years are in theirs next to us. It is so good just to get away from everyday things at home. The weather isn't wonderful, it has been raining a lot but the temperature is quite warm, in the 20degC and with warm nights too so we don't mind.
Hoping to go for a swim today, the water is a reasonable temperature. I haven't made the walk to the lighthouse up on the headland yet (1 1/2 hour walk return) - I'm lazy! But every time our friends go they get caught in the rain lol. Well, not every time, yesterday was fine and so is today so far.
I'm off to look at the beach again, but here are a couple of photos I took yesterday - it was very misty even though it was warm (I have been wearing shorts and t-shirt). The caravan park is right on a lovely little beach with a small grassed area between. It is such a nice place, even better than the usual spot we have stayed at several times before.
So while the summer hasn't started on a great note for many of us Aussies weatherwise being very wet, I personally don't mind one little bit - I dislike humidity with high temperatures, don't mind rain at all and we are very comfortable in our caravan and the temperatures just where they are.
I think you're brave sticking it out in a caravan in the weather we've had around here this week with enough rain to stimulate the growing of webbed feet, but you'll have been rewarded with all the sunshine today.
ReplyDeleteHi Norma! LOL! Our caravan is fine, we love it. We have the annexe up too and it has a special floor we bought for it which keeps it dry, our friends are close and yes, we even brought some umbrellas , having left ours at home. But it is just so nice to get away from Sydney and the everyday demands.
ReplyDelete