The good, the bad and the frustrating
Most of Monday was taken up with appointments and with finally buying a new laptop for me. Of course all of that night was then taken up with installing programs on the new laptop and getting to know my way around with the new operating system. It’s great to have a new computer but not great to go through all the fuss of setting it up.
When I needed a break from that I took out the pilings and attacked them with a scalpel to rough up the ends a bit and work off some frustrations vbg.
Then on Tuesday I went to see the Neurologist. In an effort to prevent the chronic 24/7 vestibular migraine I have from breaking through so much he increased my preventative medication. As a result I feel really hung over or something and the good news is that once I adjust to this level I then increase it by another half tablet. But if it works it will be worth it. I have been moving files from the old computer to the new one, which is enough to give one a migraine all by itself (grin). I can’t work out how to make it let me transfer from a backup done of my old computer (now defunct) on a different system to this one so I am manually transferring backup files that are essential .
So not a lot done on SS today – just painting the pilings with a wash of different colours and also doing the undersides of the roof pieces. I had left them because I wasn’t sure what effect I wanted: timber look or painted. In the end I have decided on painting the bathroom ceiling white and doing the bedroom ceiling with brown to simulate timber. I’ve let the wash be a bit streaky so it hopefully will have. And I did the trim and the ‘beams’ a similar brown too in the hope that it will add to the ‘timber’ look.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!