I do hope you'll visit my Fairfield blog. It's http://SnippetsOfMyHalfscaleFairfieldJourney.blogspot.com.au
If you'd like to read about our first seven-month trip around Australia, take a peek at our travel blog http://SandrafromSydney.blogspot.com If you'd like to see my scrapbooking and card making experiments, then I'd love you to visit http://ScrappySnippets.blogspot.com To follow us on our shorter holidays, go to http://snippetsonthemove.blogspot.com.au Hope to see you there!

Thank you for visiting

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sunday 14th March 2010

Not a great deal to show for the weekend mini-wise. Last night wasn’t all that productive; I was too tired after being on my feet for a lot of the morning, doing the preparation for the pot-luck Fellowship Luncheon at Church. All I did was a bit more touching up of paint and washes on wharf and pilings. Oh, and made up the window boxes and painted them :) Then my darling brother massaged my feet for an hour. It helped my headache, that's for sure - no good taking medication for it, unless it's one of the true migraine tablets, ordinary pain killers don't do any good. But the foot massage does. It's wonderful.



Then most of today I was around at our house packing up my study, mainly the scrapbooking things, and some of the machine embroidery things in the workroom. I managed to fill six large packing boxes and am only halfway there! When Peter and I came back to the caravan so that he could have a shower and a bit of a sleep before he went off for a night shift at the hospital, I was really glad that I had the reason to come back then too. It was tiring work. But it’s good to see those bare shelves starting to appear.

After my shower (boy, that felt good!) I painted the roofing sheets for the Sea Shanty grey. It is a medium grey with some lighter and some darker grey sort of whirled through it so that it is not a uniform colour. I’ll see how it looks when it is dry, in the daylight. Then I fiddled around assembling the wharf. It didn’t take long since all the preparation was done. In fact it took longer to find something to hold it the right height off the table top than it did to add the pilings and wait for the glue to dry. I took the photo while some areas that I touched up were still wet, so it looks even more blotchy than it really is. But the 'weathering' on it isn't too bad, I reckon. Now that part is all done and I have painted some trim to go around the oval window in the bathroom but I was too tired to concentrate on getting the window trims on the insides of the windows tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Popular Posts