I do hope you'll visit my Fairfield blog. It's http://SnippetsOfMyHalfscaleFairfieldJourney.blogspot.com.au
If you'd like to read about our first seven-month trip around Australia, take a peek at our travel blog http://SandrafromSydney.blogspot.com If you'd like to see my scrapbooking and card making experiments, then I'd love you to visit http://ScrappySnippets.blogspot.com To follow us on our shorter holidays, go to http://snippetsonthemove.blogspot.com.au Hope to see you there!

Thank you for visiting

Monday, March 8, 2010

Thursday 4th March, 2010

TeaRose has arrived – yaaaaay!

Now that’s excellent delivery time, I must say. It wasn’t even 8am when the courier arrived with the Tea Rose Cottage parcel. Soooo exciting – I couldn’t wait to open it up to see the contents. I was a bit surprised when I did open it for what first met my eyes was a piece of felt and a hank of what looked like human hair lol!


Further investigation revealed the laser-cut timber pieces for the walls, flooring, doors, windows (hooray - not plastic ones) as well as the landscaping kit, base, and that mysterious piece of felt and hank of hair-like stuff that I presumed was for the thatch.

The instructions are  detailed and beautifully clear, with illustrations, and the mystery of the felt soon became clear. This house is more demanding than the first quarter scale house I did, and indeed than the Sea Shanty that I am currently doing, in that not everything is provided and you do your own plastering of the outside. I am looking forward to the challenge that presents even though it is a bit – well, challenging! Not only the walls, and getting the plaster to do what the plaster is supposed to do, but the ‘thatching’ part as well, which is not going to be a quick process from the look of it. However I am not looking for ’quick’, I am looking for something that is an opportunity to learn new skills but which will still come out at a good standard. I tend to expect a lot of myself and even when learning new things want the end product to look good. Perfectionist, me? You bet your boots I am. It drives me crazy vbg!


I don’t have a ‘story’ for the cottage as yet, but I do like having furniture that is ’cottagy’ and classic or old fashioned, and I can’t bring myself to furnish this style of cottage in a modern style. So once I start on it, the cottage itself will ‘tell’ me what it wants its story to be.

1 comment:

  1. Sandra, this is going to be a real treasure! Can't wait to watch your progress on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Popular Posts