I do hope you'll visit my Fairfield blog. It's http://SnippetsOfMyHalfscaleFairfieldJourney.blogspot.com.au
If you'd like to read about our first seven-month trip around Australia, take a peek at our travel blog http://SandrafromSydney.blogspot.com If you'd like to see my scrapbooking and card making experiments, then I'd love you to visit http://ScrappySnippets.blogspot.com To follow us on our shorter holidays, go to http://snippetsonthemove.blogspot.com.au Hope to see you there!

Thank you for visiting

Monday, March 8, 2010

Saturday 6th March 2010

More preparation and fiddly Details....

I’ve decided to go ahead with the dado, and to paint the bath blue on the bottom. The shelves (I really am quite pleased with those) will have towels etc on them in blue and white so it doesn’t matter that they are white. But I have shortened them, taking off the lowest shelf instead of putting a door on there as I had planned. And I made a clothes hamper from some embroidery canvas. I’ll see in the morning how that has held together – I painted it as I made it rather than gluing it and it seemed to hold.


So tonight seemed really fiddly, all preparation work: making the hamper, painting windows and doors, painting strips for window and door trim, ceiling and floor trim. And Peter had a look at the house that inspired my colour scheme (it’s just a few houses further around the cul-de-sac where we are staying at my brother’s) and I mixed up a new batch of paint until we both felt it was somewhat closer to what I wanted. So I’ve re-painted the shingles and they were nice and dry until I accidentally dripped some water on them and had to repaint!


I wanted to wallpaper the bedroom tonight too, but didn’t get that far. The second wallpaper that Claire kindly gave me is actually the one provided for the bathroom. I am going to use it in the bedroom, I think, but it is not quite long enough to go all the way around. So it will take a bit of thought as to where I am going to cut it for the join. But I ran out of time tonight.


However I have actually left the work area (caravan table) nice and organised for the next time I do work on it -I’m trying to get back into the habit. We’ll see how long it lasts – I do like to sit down to an organised work space and I’ve been slack about that over the last couple of years or so, once the illness became bad. I would work until I was overtired and then not have the energy or concentration to pack up properly. So now it is a nice fresh new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Popular Posts