What a day
...it began with being at the Doctor’s surgery by 7am. He had no appointments available and it was a case of sit and wait. I was fortunate, and only had to wait for an hour. David squeezed me in, between two appointments, and wrote the prescriptions I needed. Then we waited for the newsagent to open at 8.15, so I could make inquiries about some miniature magazines that were supposed to be ordered for me. I have been buying them from there for several years now, but while I was away my nephew didn’t pick them up regularly and the order was cancelled. The new owners weren’t aware of the fact that I even had the standing order.
After that we had a scone and drink each while we waited for the pharmacy to open at 9am. Yummy – jam and cream of course. We filled the prescriptions then had Peter’s phone checked at Telstra. He needs a new one but we still have a few months of our contract to go. Great, So he will change the SIM card to another phone until we can upgrade. And we set off for the Optometrist – I had an appointment for an eye test. That was done, and new glasses chosen; ordinary multifocals as well as some for close work. My new embroidery glasses are three degrees stronger than my old ones. No wonder things look blurry at the moment vbg. So in in a week and a half or two weeks I pick up my new multi-focals and new handwork specs. It will take a bit to get used to the new look, I must say. I’m not sure of them at all, but the sales girl was enthusiastic and more importantly so was Peter.
There was just time after that to make my hair appointment at Plumpton, another shopping centre nearer to home, and about 10 minutes drive away. Ten minutes drive and ten minutes to find a parking spot. It sure felt better to have all that hair cut off after the last haircut which was very welcome but not a very good haircut! As I have said in my other blog, the bright spots about coming home from our trip (apart from family and friends) are having my own doctor, my own chiropractor and my own hairdresser. And of course being able to do my minis again lol!
Peter was doing the grocery shopping while I was at the hairdresser’s. He likes it when I don’t shop with him – he says I spend too much money. Suits me! We dropped the groceries off at my brother’s house then set off for St Mary’s, about 15 minutes away to buy some clothes. First I called in to a Hobby shop in the main street to see if they had Ceramacoat paint. They had never heard of it and I won’t be able to buy it over the intnet because paint comes under the ‘Dangerous Goods’ classification which makes it very expensive indeed to import. So I guess I use my own interpretation of the colours and use ordinary craft paint.
It was lunch time so we had that, then we found a lovely outfit for me right off, but they didn’t have the top part in my size. I was disappointed but fortunately the saleslady knew that there was one at another store in Penrith, which was where we were headed next anyway. So we bought the skirt part and set off for Penrith, 10 minutes further on. With the top safely acquired, we visited Kooring, a Christian bookshop also in Penrith, to buy some books to keep the boys occupied during the church service tomorrow. A couple of Bible story sticker books and a couple reading books, as well as a book with several puzzles and another colouring book and we felt we had enough for a start at least. Then it was time to go back to St Mary’s to pick Nathan up at 3pm from work. Whew!
On the way home from picking Nathan up we completed the circle, going back to the first place of the morning to buy some new clothes for Peter. All our good clothes are packed away in the storage container so it is the perfect excuse for new ones vbg! Peter didn’t buy a new suit, but some very nice new trousers, shirt, tie, belt and even socks. Nathan missed out because we did have his good clothes with us.
We were back home at 4.45, just in time to meet Kylie and the boys. They were so excited to be here, and quite happy to stay the night. I was surprised that Luke didn’t change his mind after his mother left but my brother Terry played with them, they spent time with Nathan on the X-box and our nephew Mark even came around from our place to spend time with them too. Terry is tickled pink that he is a Great Uncle; he thinks that’s much better than just being an uncle lol! And he is a great uncle too. He dotes on our girls and Nathan, and now on our grandchildren too. They ate their tea without fuss (unusual), had a bath, then we put them to bed with the little portable DVD player and Luke was asleep in no time at all. Cameron followed very soon after. So we will see how it goes overnight vbg.
So why am I rabbiting on about all this? Because I am very pleased that in spite of all this I still managed to paint the tree! The first colour anyway. Not just the first coat, it has had several ‘touch ups’ because I keep finding that there are tiny little holes that haven’t covered. For the first coat I have chosen a light caramel/ tan colour. So with luck I might even get the second wash of medium brown on tomorrow night after the boys are in bed. Then it will be dry in time to landscape after they all go home on Sunday. All together a most satisfactory day vbg.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!