Construction begins – just!
Yes! Today I put together the 1st part of the box itself. Just the four walls – big deal (grin). Most of the day I spent doing one of the Ann Vanture books of the month.
And I also glued the stones to the fireplace. I am very pleased with this. I won’t buy any grouting for it though – mine of course is packed away and I will need a grand total of about ½ teaspoon so there’s no way I am buying another lot. But my brother Terry has just tiled his bathroom and I will cadge some from him when the glue is dry.
The first photo shows the box sides. These are just glued and then pinned with straight pins for added strength. The heads of the pins are cut off.
In Photo 2 the foamcore shape for the fireplace is covered with stones. Even though it looks quite bulky in the photo, it doesn’t in reality. I am really happy with the appearance in fact.
And I also sprayed the paper flooring with varnish and when that was dry, glued it into the bottom of the (now also dry) frame of the roombox (Step 2) So now it is ready to get going.
Is that all? you might ask. Well, yes. But at least it's a start vbg. And that's a great feeling!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!