Yes! The tree is painted
Down to reality with a bump lol! Our little (3 yr old) grandson Luke came to the caravan this morning to talk to me while I was doing something over there, spied the tree trunk and picked it up exclaiming with great glee ‘Look, poo!’. I had to admit he had a point vbg – having just the one colour paint on it means that it didn’t have any depth to it at that stage. But tonight I gave it a wash with a medium brown paint and touches of medium dark brown, and that improved things quite a bit. And when that had dried I dry-brushed it again with the lighter colour to highlight the raised parts. I’ll see in the morning how it looks now, but it seems pretty good at the moment.
Once that was all dry and I had glued the door in place I was so eager to see what it looked like that I put it into place fogetting to take a photo. It was really hard to get it out again and one of the roots broke off in the process, as well as the door coming off. So I glued them back on and took the photo then left it all out to dry overnight. That will teach me to be so impatient. Or probably not lol!
Now I really feel that the end is in sight. Once the tree is finished I can do the landscaping and that’s basically it apart from some of the bits such as decals that I’ll have to wait for to finish off the furniture. I do have some other little homey touches ready to put in, and I will go looking for some pictures to reduce for the walls.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate comments. It means a lot to me when you take the time to leave some feedback - thank you for your thoughtfulness!